What is safeguarding?
The school places a high priority on safeguarding all children in its care. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
The school complies with the policies and procedures contained within the Trafford Safeguarding Children Board’s website and the GM Safeguarding Children Procedures Manual. Visit the website: www.tscb.co.uk for more information.
- Safeguarding is Everyone’s Responsibility
- Wellfield Junior Safeguarding Policy
- Wellfield Junior Child Protection Policy
- Trafford’s “Operation Encompass” Procedure – The school has opted in to Trafford’s Operation Encompass. This is a scheme which provides a method of sharing information regarding domestic abuse, where children are present. It is an agreement between Greater Manchester Police, Trafford Council and schools, and enables information to be provided to the school’s designated safeguarding lead, Mr A Dutton, following a recorded incident of domestic abuse, explaining that a child was present in the household at the time. This information will help the school to be in an informed position to be able to support the needs of the child, and provide the comfort, assurance or support required to ensure their welfare.
Keeping our children safe is clearly of paramount importance to us all and below is a series of links to information and services that may help to keep our children safe in a digital world. Just click on the relevant logos on the left to visit the various information sources.
Disclaimer: Wellfield Junior School has no control over, and accepts no responsibility for the material posted on the websites listed above and offers these links only as suggested sources of useful information & services.